One of the life’s little pleasures is having a barbecue in your backyard with all your friends and family united. Either cooked on a gas grill or a charcoal one, barbecued food is the best tasting food around. With the following tips, you will make your barbecue, even more, remember able.
* Spray the grill with non-stick spray before you start your barbecue. Do it even before you fire up the grill. This way your meat won’t stick to the grill and tear apart. It will also help with the cleanup time afterward.
* Wait to put your foods on the grill until the grill is properly heated. If you put them on too fast, your food will still be raw. If you are using a gas grill you need to wait at least 5 minutes before you can put the food on. If you are using a charcoal grill it will take around a half an hour. All the coals need to be turned gray and this can take a little while. But to be honest, I do prefer the taste of the foods on a charcoal grill so I’m happy to take the waiting time in consideration.
* Take the foods out of your refrigerator 15 to 20 minutes before you start putting in on the grill. At room temperature, the foods will be cooked evenly. Don’t let it spoil, though, so don’t let them sit out too long.
* Don’t use a fork to turn over the meats on the barbecue. The juices will run out if you do. It’s better to use a spatula or barbecue tongs. Do wear gloves, you don’t want your hand to get burned.
* Wait until your foods are nearly cooked before you bast them with a barbecue sauce. Never do it when first cooking your meats on the barbecue because your food will gry out. You can do it about an hour before you grill them. That way the flavors will be sealed during grilling.
* When grilling kabobs, remember to leave some space between every item on the kabob. This way everything will be cooked evenly. You can do this by spacing out a piece of meat, then a vegetable, meat, etc. This will spread the different flavors throughout the kabob. Before you remove them from the grill, cut open a piece of meat to check if it is cooked completely. Don’t eat uncooked meat, you can become ill.
* After your barbecue, you are going to need to clean up. The best way to clean your grill is to use a grill scraper. Clean the grilling surface and wipe everything down. Don’t burn yourself when you’re cleaning up.
Barbecuing in your backyard is a lot of fun. Use these tips and experiment for perfect barbecue recipes on your own, that way you’ll discover some great tasting foods. Before you know it, you’ll be a real barbecue chef!